View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 01:31   Link #241
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post

Indeed, but very few mangaka have "great" execution.
What makes you say that? Are you drawing from your own reading experiences or from others' reading experiences?

Quote:
I think that if you think critically, you'll find that you can only put about 10% of the manga out there into the "great" category. Go and take a random sample of manga, read a bit, and then honestly ask yourself "would I reccommend this as a 'great manga' to a friend with similiar tastes to myself?" I bet you'd only manage 10%.
Da hell man, NO! XD I don't have the time to waste on doing that...just to prove a point. And how would I know that I picked something bad instead of something good? I think a random sample of manga could give you a thousand different answers, depending on which ones you pick.

Quote:
But it's also that studios put more effort into movies that appeal to men, and less into those that appeal to women. And the industry as a whole is very male dominated.
This I do agree with. Sucks to be us, doesn't it? I'm more fond of the "unisex"-type of movies, you know, like all the series based on fantasy books and.....amusement park rides. I think stuff like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Pirates of the Caribbean works well with both sexes and all different ages...which is probably why they're such huge hits.
except with my mum who "doesn't like all that violence!!"fffffffffffffffffffft

Quote:
Obviously someone like Michael Bay... Not so much.
Words cannot describe how much the man disgusts me. He obviously views women as nothing but sex objects when it comes to directing movies. And his sense of humor is the most tasteless one I've ever encountered in film....my word.....the dialogue, the subject matter...he needs to freaking GROW UP.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-02-18 at 01:56.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote