View Single Post
Old 2009-07-27, 12:48   Link #1742
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Actually, I am still not sure how far Virgilia has been playing along.
After all she helped Battler extremely regarding that fight and Virgilia told Beato the strategy afterwards. Not to mention that if Virgilia wouldn't have helped Battler, he very likely would have already surrendered at that point.
And also what she said was that she seem to have helped Battler to much and therefore gave Beatrice this strategy.
What is more in Ep4 she also said that she hopes that Battler doesn't surrender after what happened until that point in Ep4.
What is strange is the point that she tried to force Battler to sign that contract. Why would she help Beatrice in forcing him to sign it. Also: I wonder would that contract even be effective, if he had signed it under force - actually he wouldn't even have signed it, only has hand would have done the writing.
So maybe that was why she tried to force him instead of persuating him.
I think Virgilia had to help Battler a little to gain his trust. If she didn't the whole strategy couldn't work. And then again if you are completely anti-fantasy then Virgilia doesn't exist, she's just a puppet in Beatrice's little magic theater.
It is also speculated that Virgilia actually tricked battler since the beginning by saying false things when exposing the crime scenes.
It is particularly infamous the case of the boiler room, that was labeled as "closed room" by Virgilia even though in Ep1 that room had a back door with absolutely no lock on it. Battler just trusted Virgilia and no red truth was used to state it was actually a closed room.

The odd thing is Lambda's behavior in the end. She said she would help Battler or Beatrice depending on who's losing ground. In Ep2 Battler was utterly defeated and so Lambda gave a little help to Battler. However in Ep3 Lambda seems to think Beatrice was more on the losing side. It is true that Ange in the end saved the day, but wasn't Beatrice just a step from the victory? Why Lambda thought Beatrice wasn't seriously trying to win?