View Single Post
Old 2009-05-19, 01:01   Link #16
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I've never played the game, and I'm curious about a few things:

1. What are the sizes of the respective militaries? By all appearances, the Imperial army is the largest of the three belligerents, but by how much? And how much of that force has been sent to the Gallia campaign?

2. What's the relationship between the Gallian Militia and Regular forces, and their respective sizes? I would presume that the Regulars were the standing pre-war military, and the Militia are the conscript soldiers called up to active duty at the beginning of hostilities. However, do the Regulars get their forces enlarged by conscripted troops as well, or do they all go into the Militia?

3. How heavy is the fighting in Gallia? From the beginning, I assumed that the Imperials were in danger of overrunning Gallia, but from the relaxed attitude of the Gallian soldiers and their ability to counterattack seems to refute that. Maximillian is supposed to be some sort of strategic genius, but the lack of action seems to belie that. Is the section of the front where Squad 7 is just really quiet, or has the Imperial force stalled, or are the Imperials just not that good?

By the way, if the answers are spoiler territory, please don't answer them.

Spoiler for Answer:

Spoiler for Answer:

Spoiler for Answer:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island