View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 22:05   Link #69
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I absolutely loved this weeks episode. The moment for me was taiga's complete conviction with her utterance "Ryuuji is mine" . If the class wasn't already positive she liked him before, they damn well know it now.

Although...I'm noticing alot of taiga hate, especially referencing her constant describing ryuuji as a "dog". I myself don't see an issue with this. She originally used the term as a derogative insult towards him. However, this only lasted so long as their formal "agreement" did, which ended in episode two. She began using the term again after Ryuuji gave her support after Kitamura rejected her. Looking at the context in which its being used (context of their interpersonal relationship), I believe its become a term of endearment as opposed to an insult.

It also has the side benefit of appearing to be an insult to an outside observer, while those who know otherwise (Ryuuji, Kitamura, Ami) don't take the term at face value.