View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 23:26   Link #256
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The kiss wasn't unrequited because Amata's heart responded to her and wasn't even angry that Zessica was the first person he kissed when before he was obsessing about kissing Mikono but her not committing to even just that. The kiss also changed his priorities, he was only concerned about saving Mikono which is why he went to the city. He than quickly drops that to rush for Zessica's aid which says a lot because Amata sure as heck didn't try anywhere near as much to get Mix back for Andy.
Amata would have been a total bastard if he had not tried to help Zessica in that situation. It had nothing to do with him choosing her over Mikono or changing his priorities; it's not as if Mikono is the focus of every decision he ever makes. He was there in that city to find Mikono, yes, but what sort of person sees a friend and comrade in danger right before his eyes, and skips along ignoring them while thinking "I'm just here to find the girl I love, so I won't try to free Zessica"? Amata is not that sort of person.

As for saving MIX, I don't think that the mission to Altair so save her should be brushed off so lightly. Amata, Zessica, Yunoha, and others went there, to a dangerous other planet, to try to get her back. I repeat: Amata isn't the type of person who is callous and uncaring towards people he isn't in love with. Neither are the other pilots. Edit: plus, as QueenSwild points out above, he did also try to save MIX from being kidnapped in the first place.

Amata is also not the type of petty bastard who would be so romantically self-absorbed as to get angry at someone stealing what is probably his first kiss when that kiss is being given to save him from danger and in a heroic sacrifice, no less. He has a sense of proportion. I understand that you're trying to argue for that scene making Zessica/Amata much more likely, but you're doing so in a way which reduces Amata to worthless scum.

Quote:
Yes she is. She's leading Amata on but is constantly lusting after Kagura. The worst is that she refuses to commit to either which makes her unforgivable since she could have easily committed by now or rejected already. Instead she prolongs his pain and expects him to "wait for her" like a good boy as he's been doing this entire time.
Mikono hasn't been shown lusting after Kagura even once. Can you point to a specific scene where she was?

What Mikono has done is stepped in to save Kagura, even though she isn't sure why she did it. Presumably this is due to some sort of past life incident and/or a subconscious recognition that Amata and Kagura are the same person. She has also said she wants to apologise to him, even though she doesn't know why, which is presumably due to her past life somehow.

So no, she hasn't been shown torn between Amata and Kagura and unable to choose.

Quote:
even though their relationship was going nowhere because of Mikono being unfaithful.

Amata was still fawning over just Mikono even when she was thinking of Kagura, so she was getting the attention of both men and loving it. Which makes sense she would want that since she considered herself worthless for the longest time and it's understandable that she wouldn't want those two to stop focusing on her.
Whaaat. No. Mikono has said that the reason she didn't tell Amata what she's been wanting to say is because she was scared of getting hurt.

There is no evidence for your theory that Mikono spent the series being unfaithful to Amata, and trying to keep Amata and Kagura interested because she loves simultaneously having two guys who like her.

If you claim to actually have evidence of this, please tell us the episodes and scenes in which it happens.

Quote:
It's going to seem like she killed someone if Zessica is dead, after all Amata went there for Mikono even if Mikono didn't call for him and it was all Mykage's doing. It would be perfectly fine if he snapped and blamed her for what happened and would help give Amata some nice growth.
Again: what? Your tendency to blame Mikono disproportionally for everything is getting seriously out of hand here.

Amata has a bad premonition and decides to go off on his own suddenly. This premonition leads him to go to a specific town, falling into Mykage's trap. Zessica is sent on a mission to find him, and one of Mykage's mecha apparently kills her...and the one to blame is Mikono? Who had left with permission and after having told everyone she was going, and didn't ask for anyone to go after her.

If we're going to go that far and make it that convoluted, there is no reason to not go one step further and blame Fudo for leaving and making Mikono try to find him.

"Damn you, Fudo, you left, causing Mikono to try to find you, and me to get a bad feeling and come to this specific city to find her, with Zessica and the others coming to find me, and then one of Mykage's mecha killing her while she tried to save me! You killed Zessica, Fudo! You're to blame!"

Makes total sense and would give Amata character growth, right?

Last edited by GoldenLand; 2012-05-26 at 23:37.