Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 18:05   Link #2420
Bladezer

Sorry to interrupt the Kasumi/Toki debate. I just wanted to say, I've been following the thread for a while and I just wanted to post my own theories and debate with everyone.

I noticed something when re-watching/reading Saki,during the Nagno finals, Saki played like Teru with starting with small hands then making progressively bigger ones. I just found it interesting because the series has shown that relatives have similar abilities as shown with Yuu and Kuro's magnet abilities, Koromo and Touka being able to control the flow of the game, and Jindai and Kasumi's goddess possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
A magic mahjong time paradox . Regardless of what happens, I think one of the two will end up trumping the other person's ability in some way (since Toki saw the future, she technically also saw one of the future tiles on the wall. In order for Kasumi's ability to manifest, it would technically override the vision and 'negate' Toki's ability for that turn in a sense). Thus, I think there are two possibilities:
  • In the case of Toki's future reading trumping Kasumi's suit magnet, the result is apparent - the nine of bamboo will end up in someone else's hand. Then, the round would proceed from there as if Kasumi's ability is in effect.
  • In the case of Kasumi's suit magnet trumping Toki's future, the nine of bamboo would no longer be a correct reading. In essence, Kasumi should have a possibility of ending up with anything on her next draw, and may or may not win. Since she her ability is just "drawing suits" and not "drawing specific suits", once Toki's vision is negated, her draw is randomized again. Or something. I think we need a quantum physics expert to actually answer this.

I think it would end up as "whoever has the 'stronger' ability trumps whoever has the 'weaker'." In short, time paradox, anything can happen; I guess in that context, maybe Toki would be equal to Kasumi since if they ever used their abilities against each other in a match, the universe would just spontaneously end from the time paradox.
Actually by using Side A semi-finals and Kuro's ability, I think I can come up with a answer. In that match up Teru, Kirame and Toki made calls at different points, yet Kuro still got all of her dora, so I'm guessing that Toki would be unable to stop Kasumi's win, because it seems that the tiles would've determined that Toki would do that and go still go to Kasumi after Toki called to stop her winning.

On a different note I was wondering if anyone can come up with away for Kuro to improve her ability. I did think that if the aka dora were removed this would allow for Kuro to call Kans with the for dora she's gathered and would allow her to aim for Four Kans, just an ideas. Plus I just wanted to know if your only allowed to have a certain number of dora in your hand, of course I only want to know this because of would I just said about Kuro and her ability.
This has also brought to believe that in the finals Kuro may pull of a Four Kan yakuman tsumo, filled with dora in the finals making the scores become less ridicules were its Shiriatodai dominating.

P.S Its nice to be at forum where there isn't constant pointless whining about Achiga, especially someone who likes them.

Last edited by Bladezer; 2012-11-25 at 19:11.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote