View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 23:42   Link #123
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Akane is not now, nor has she ever been a damsel in distress. She fulfills the role that she is placed in. The same is true of her partner, who also tends to stay back and let his enforcers do the work. That's what they're encouraged to do, because they are not expendable.
That's also missing the fact that as a supervisor (which is what Inspectors ARE basically) Akane is better at this job than Gino. She's extremely prosocial, so even though she zapped Kougami her first day on the job, she came to recognize how valuable the Enforcers were, and trusted them enough to give them the freedom they needed to carry out a number of different investigations. What Gino derided as naivety turned into mutual trust. I certainly think Akane gained allot of their trust when she stood up for Kougami when there was a possibility he might have been making an escape attempt, then subsequently risking damaging her hue to help identify Makishima.

I honestly think the enforcers value a superior like Akane who trusts them over some hypothetical meat head commando.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
And that's exactly why it was a disappointing development to me, as it basically puts Makishima on the same level Senguuji, who also lost his usual cool and caution when faced with a worthwhile prey like Kougami and was thus brought down as an overly entranced thrill seeker.
But should this really be surprising?

I mean, Makishima has been fascinated in Kougami despite it being overwhelmingly obvious that Kougami is a professional murder hobo dedicating himself to killing Makishima. As much as Makishima would have liked chatting, it should have been REALLY obvious Kougami wasn't gonna indulge in philosophical navel gazing all night. Makishima knew from the start that his interest in Kougami was probably going to end with the hunting dog going right for his jugular...and I don't think he had any problem with that.

Anybody who expresses interest with being in the same room as an enraged hunting dog is probably to some degree or another a reckless thrill seeker. Cause an enraged hunting dog can't be dissuaded by curiosity or intellectual discourse. The only reason it's there is to kill you.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-09 at 00:13.