Thread: Licensed Binbō-gami ga!
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 23:34   Link #404
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Well, they really didn't get a touching ending imo. And in all honesty, they really had no beef with Rindou, and even wondered why she's even messing with Ichiko. So I bet even though Rindou knew they were wrong, she saw for herself this episode that Ichiko ain't a saint either.

I said in my earlier post that what they did was VERY extreme and uncalled for. But at the same time, Ichiko has said some VERY foul things to her peers, so its very understandable why she garners so much hostility and anger from others. Again, that's not in anyway an excuse for what they did, but at the same time, you can somewhat see where they are coming from.

Its ironically funny too, cause I literally JUST read your article about dudes being treated like crap in anime yesterday. Except here its actually BEEN same gender instead of women vs men. So in situations where I know whats happening to this person is wrong, its honestly harder for me to garner a lot of sympathy for someone who's been acting like a bitch. Still, two wrongs don't make a right.
There's a difference between being standoffish and arrogant and trying to get someone raped, though, and I thought Rindou was way, way too easy on them. I will never say "I see where they're coming from" where someone does what they did.

And there's the problem, really. Yes this is something of a trope, but how can you possibly write it into a comedy like this without either trivializing something horrendous or dragging the show way, way too deep into the darkness?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote