Thread: Licensed Highschool of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-06, 02:10   Link #633
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

If i say i'm the only one that dislike the whole premise of HOTD, then i would be ragging out by everyone in here....is there anyone in here that actually gave out negative/dislike/hate opinion on HOTD in here? I guess no..issit...

But too bad...i'm on the same boat as everyone in here. Yeah episode 1 roxx me to the bone. Really love how they make the whole thing look so realistic, with gore scenes and bloods everywhere, and not to forget the fanservice!

I think i saw few scenes showing boob size comparable to Gonzo's level, like that one female teacher using her boob as a pillow....but i can juz ignore that one, seeing that the fanservice offered ranges from the boob to the pantsu shots, and maybe..more?

Anyway i like how Madhouse did on this series...each character was made in detail, and the background...i think can be said comparable with KyoAni's background style...or if i want to exaggerate it a lil bit more, maybe i can say its comparable to Makoto Shinkai's epic style. And the zombie....yeah that's how zombie should look like in anime. OP and ED songs are exactly to my likeness...and the OP scenes were magnificent though the ED part was kinda plain and simple.

As for the storyline...i'm glad i am among those who haven't read the manga yet, so i can enjoy the whole episode without worrying of the first episode being close to the manga or not. Just that it bugs me on why the school wasn't informed about the plague that started to arise in the city. This kind of problem should be a national level issue, so there must be some kind of ways to tell out to alert the civilians the issue, like using radio or TV. However by the time the zombie reached the school, no one at the school was aware of the fact that the city was under attack. I wonder if the government plan to keep the issue as secret and trying to control the issue on their own without letting the civilians know about it...but all i can see in the end was, the city was being zombie-fied completely. And i wonder how they all gonna survive in that zombie city after this...heck if its me, i just do like what one of the teacher did, jump out from the window and die while still retaining own mind and conciousness. At least its better to die as a human than die as a zombie

Conclusion, i love the series..exactly as someone said, the best anime for summer season. Summer sure have alot galge based anime with lots of same old fanservices and storyline...but HOTD brings out the new concept and premise of how fanservices can be manipulated naturally without ruining the whole storyline. Thumbs up to Madhouse for this.

9/10

P/s : I smell that HOTD will get its own sub forums sooner or later, judging from the current post count in this thread...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote