View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 22:39   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
Man, I really felt bad for her. I mean, even the girl who screwed all of Junichi's relationships had a happy ending, so why didn't she?
Well, the thing they're trying to portray here is that when you've known someone in a certain capacity forever, suddenly changing that into love isn't a flip of a switch. The sort of love Junichi has for Rihoko isn't the sort where he wakes up one day and say "wow, you're drop-dead gorgeous and I'm totally into you; let's hook up!" It's the sort where just being with each other puts you at ease, and before you know it you find you're always together. Some people consider that alone to be really romantic, even if it isn't anything like the romance portrayed in the other arcs. It's a different kind of romance for a different kind of couple, which is pretty much the theme of the show. It was never intended to be seen as a "bad ending" at all. In the next season, I expect they'll only have taken one small step closer, but still be travelling at their own pace.