View Single Post
Old 2004-07-16, 01:25   Link #120
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
So, overall what do you guys thing of CRC? Worth it or not? Is it one "happy" ending per character or more? I picked up Tokimeki Check In, and with 16 endings, its taking forever to finish, espeically with all the repetive stuff to slog through.

Also, how is the overall tone of CRC? I kind of overdosed on angst (still havent finished Kana because of it) so Im looking for something a little less traumatic.
Actually CRC, for the most part, is very light-hearted...it's almost to the point that you are playing a normal guy for a change

The sheer size of CRC is what keeps me from actively recommending it to people, while it's only a month in game time, the fact that there are 9 different girls to interact with is what makes the game feel much larger than most. Considering you start off in the diner with whatever girls are present that day (until the end of the month's CRC run, at most there were 4 girls absent at one time), you interact with them with a private message...you can talk with them, then you can either go out with them that day or give them a date coupon for the Saturday or Sunday of that week...If you ask them to go out that day, then the day moves on, if you don't go out or you give them a date coupon, then you can go another 'round' of talking with another girl...I believe there are 3 'rounds' before the day ends, but I haven't really tried to not go out with one of the girls.

As for happy endings...well, if you actually end with a girl then yea, it's a happy ending, but there are endings in which you don't actually end with a girl. At one point I even thought there might be an ending involving Jordan...albeit that would've scared me.

Being worth it depends on how you feel about Option ADV games...this one has a lot of variations, and like AG3 said, sometimes it actually requires you to pay attention to the conversations you have to answer some of the questions the girls ask of you. It's pretty well done in terms of that.

Oh, and AG3, it took me forever to get Charlotte too because I felt the same way you did...and I even ignored Amy thinking that would help, but alas, it didn't I still am a little smitten with Sophie though, maybe it's the older guy in me
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote