View Single Post
Old 2008-02-25, 18:40   Link #477
esfir
hepcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_who_cried_gnome View Post
you know what i find very interesting.... how people always put God in the context of "he" when i think the term god should never be inolved with such terms that would lessen such a great spiritual being to be a human

also, if you put god in the terms of a human, why must it be a "he"? personally i think it would be more fitting to have God be personified (if necessary) as a woman... as such thoughts of a great spiritual being giving life to all existence resembles much to a woman giving birth to a new human life...

LOL now after just realizing what i just said.... why when referring to such spiritual force must christianity insist on genderizing the term and call him "god" in the first place?

... also is it just me or are woman always being degraded in the bible? most were looked down upon as sluts and prostitutes : /

-mary Magdalene was introduced as a prostitute...
- Mary the mother of jesus looked down upon as a slut because it appeared that she commited infidelity towards joseph...
- and uhhhh since i dont go to church anymore i dont remember her name... but she was married to a soldier and commited adultery with the king or a high official because the king/high official really liked her... and later the king/high official had her husband killed and it made her look like a complete skank in most of the eyes of christians....

this tale is meant to show how adultery is wrong and such and how woman shouldnt cheat on their husbands blah, blah, blah.... but my impression was how men can be chauvenist and believe that anything is theres for the taking.... including women

so anyway yeah there are many other examples i just feel like i have wasted enough of your life as it is...
i'm LDS, and common belief in our church is that although God is male, he has a wife as well who holds similar powers. they simply possess different roles.

i can understand why one would see God as genderless, but at the same time it's something that does not make a lot of sense to me.
esfir is offline   Reply With Quote