View Single Post
Old 2009-07-09, 01:19   Link #431
Ferny
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
At this point Umineko has nothing on Higurashi.
How can it already compete with your favorite after seeing one episode?
Because it was very good in just the first few parts, where nothing interesting happened. So you can only imagine how awesome the parts with more drama and action will be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Hoy can you compare 2 seasons of Higurashi + OVA to one episode of Umineko?

At least wait until the first arc is finished ^^
Well, I have to admit, I may have been overexcited when I first saw the anime. Like I said above, it's bound to get better, so there's no doubt it will compete with Higurashi. (But nothing beats nipah~ or the RikaStab. x3)

I'm just a little anxious to see what happens, is all. After all, since I've only read the first manga, and never read the sound novel at all, I really want to know if the witches and stuff exists... (Hopefully, they do. I've already grown quite fond of the Battler+Beatrice pairing...) </rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
That person read the manga right? So he know of it will go on. But I agree with you guys, you should wait with your judging till we come to the more awesome parts of the series
...He? I'm a GIRL. -_-'' Please remember that for future references. And also that I'm 14. I just may be the youngest Umineko fan here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki View Post
Well, as being one of the few supporters of the english Higu dub, I can tell you that it isn't so bad. Actually the voices are not bad at all. There are some parts where the english voice acting is superior to the original japanese one, parts where the english cast does a great job portraying the characters emotions through speech. I know you won't agree, but it usually is like this: if you've seen the anime in japanese, then the english dub sounds terrible to you (and in most cases it is terrible too). That's how it usually is. But thankfully Higu is one of the few anime out there with a pretty good english dub, at least in my opinion.
Also I like Shion's laughter more in the english version. xd
True-there are some parts that are better in English (RikaStab scene, K1 and Rena Rooftop Battle), but there are just times when the voice doesn't carry out the emotion as strongly as the face does. It's also quite disappointing that they didn't keep 'nano desu' 'omochikaeri' and 'kana? kana?'. But, I'll agree, there are MUCH worse anime dubs. (cough*naruto*cough) (And I'm only scared of how a School Days dub would turn out...)