Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 04:05   Link #1247
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
With Eureka and Renton breaking up for years because :PLOT:.
What a successor indeed. That's already betrayal in my book - perhaps not to the logic, but to the idea.
I don't understand this point in your argument. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if you think Ao is betraying the original series because Eureka and Renton get separated. It's as if you rebuke a sequel because the the original series end in a happy note, but the sequel tells that the hero/heroine actually suffers separation after a period of happiness. If it is, then I think you make a very bad argument why Ao is a bad sequel to E7. Sorry to say this, but things doesn't always end in happily ever after even after people fight for their happiness. Bad things happen even in real life down your life even after you manage to gain happiness, and if the story writer wants to make his story adapt that approach, you can't say it's a bad continuation for that reason.

Analogy wise, it's as if you say gundam seed destiny is a bad sequel to the original seed because athrun and cagalli seperated during the time skip due to some plot reason like they just grew apart even though in the original seed, they're implied to be together happily ever after(well, gsd is a bad sequel, but not for that reason).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote