View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 08:53   Link #84
ChainLegacy
廉頗

If you think eating meat is 'morally' wrong you might want to examine the root of said morality in the first place. If you consider how venerated the animals hunter-gatherers killed for food were (example the bison by many Native American tribes) you would have trouble thinking of it as murder, or at least I do anyways.

Personally, I follow a paleolithic-inspired dietary regime for health reasons, so I eat some form of dead animal with every meal. I love the taste and my favorite meat is probably American Bison, but Crocodile was very good as well (only had it once). I also eat a lot of seafood (depends on how you define 'meat' to include that) which is oftentimes the healthiest food nature has to offer (look up the nutritional content in a can of sardines, now that's a bargain for the price). I also try to buy grass-fed/free-range/local/organic meats as often as possible, people aren't exagerrating when they say it tastes better; it really does (and the nutritional content also changes, for example grass-fed beef has far higher omega-3 fatty acid content than grain-fed, as well as higher protein).

And since I also love cooking my own meals, the meat I eat is always fresh and in better condition than pre-made meat items you might buy.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote