View Single Post
Old 2010-08-28, 13:38   Link #309
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
As far as what crew member will get what kind of haki, my thoughts are:

Luffy- all 3, Rayleigh will see to that.
That's true.

Quote:
Zoro- He has already shown traces of mantra, but he will need the armor type to protect his nakama. I don't think he will get the conqueror's color, his willingness to subjugate himself to Mihawk shows me that he doesn't have a conqueror's ambition.
I'll say it's true that Zoro won't learn the conqueror's color as he doesn't have that kind of ambition.

Quote:
Sanji- armor type, no real reasoning behind this, other than the fact that he will need it in the new world.
Sanji would also need the mantra type haki to sense any threats that would come to harm.

Quote:
Nami- Mantra, being able to predict things would make her an even better navigator than she is now. I also think she might have conqueror's since she seems very adept at manipulating people.
I agree that Nami would be good with the mantra haki and that she has some hint of conqueror's haki without even knowing it. Of course I think she should learn the armor type as well in completing all 3 types. She would be able to use the armor haki by infusing it into her Clima-tact.

Quote:
Robin- I don't see her learning any haki, armor type would make her too hax, but maybe she will get mantra just to be a little stronger for the new world.
I agree that Robin should learn the mantra type.

Quote:
Franky- None, he should be getting more than enough new fire power when he finishes upgrading himself in Vegapunk's lab.
I don't know, I'm thinking Franky should learn the mantra type in case he was temporaraly blinded.

Quote:
Usopp- I don't think he will learn more than one type and i'm leaning towards the armor type since he's training with Hercules(un) and we've already seen the damage haki imbued projectiles do. I think mantra would be another good choice for him though since it would let him predict his targets' movements which would improve his overall accuracy.
I think Usopp should only have two of the three types. His ambition would be too weak for conqueror's haki.

Quote:
Brooke- Conqueror's, I think it would go well with his music. He could be like the pied piper.
I'm not sure Brook has that kind of ambition. I think of him as someone who would use his music for peace rather than conquest. I would recommend he have the mantra type so he can listen to the music around him (much like Cantus of Fraggle Rock) and the armor type so he can infuse it in the instruments he plays.

Quote:
Chopper- Maybe mantra?
The mantra type does sound like a good choice for Chopper as well as the armor type for going against Devil Fruit users. There may a possibility he could use the conqueror type haki in his monster form, but that's just me.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote