Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 14:03   Link #332
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Has anyone been able to pickup why Mamoru Kodai's uniform is so different from everyone else?

He has a red uniform (and it is a different red and style from Nanbu and Yuki's uniforms). His coat is slightly off shade of grey from that of Yamamani, Okita, and Hijikata's black. His rank pins, stripes, trim, and hat pin are all silver rather than gold (though the one cruiser captain we see during the battle also had silver rank pins and a silver on his captain's hat...but was wearing the same blue duty uniform as most of the rest of the crew). Even his duty seems patch is different most of the time. It seems somewhat greyed out version of the Yukizake patch. Though in the image of Admiral Okita's family, his son has the same or very similar coat style as Mamoru Kodai....but we can't see his uniform color (and he has three silver bars for his rank... Sigh, more complications)

While I figure Kodai's coat's inner lining represents his original department color (Orange is engineering, which Hijikata seems to also have. Okita seem to have red for Combat and Yamamani green for I guess Navigation), I haven't figured out his uniform color yet as everyone else is in either blue duty uniforms, or white with a coat. We can't see if his uniform has a white anchor on it or not. Sort of the inverse of his younger brother's Yamato uniform.

I'm hoping it will be a plot point eventually.