View Single Post
Old 2010-09-11, 07:02   Link #17582
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
The explosion only needs to kill the people near it that way. And if the victims are localized to the primary blast area (wherever that is), it's possible that they were blown up while the external radius just collapsed.

It's not clear how many victims there were, and there was only one identification of any kind made. This opens up a few prospects:
  • Only a few people exploded; the rest died in the collapse and were buried.
  • Some people were already underground for whatever reason, so their bodies would never be located after a collapse.
  • The explosives were distributed in such a fashion that likely refuge sites would have been fatal.
  • Certain individuals survived the explosion(s) and collapse, but avoided or escaped notice of the searchers (due to being trapped, unconscious, conscious desire to not be found, etc.).
Also, let's not forget that we're having it alleged that Kinzo was a construction engineer with the backing of the IJN and later, the Americans. I believe it is entirely plausible such a person would have the knowledge (and possibly the resources) to engineer a controlled demolition, which would leave Kuwadorian intact short of a lot of dust. This is, of course, dependent on the existence of underground tunnels, but if we're willing to believe the rest of this I don't see why we'd consider those unconfirmed at this point.

To a create a crater 1km wide from a ground collapse you need a whole geofront under Rokkenjima. I know we do have EVA ANGE LION but....

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote