View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 22:59   Link #31282
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
Bern/Erika did figure it out eventually,
I always liked to think that Bern knew more than she was letting on (specifically letting Erika know). I am not sure how much, but those scenes where her and Lambda ridicule Erika for her solutions to the mysteries just reek of "I know something you don't know, what, you can't even figure this much out?". And not just from Lamda, Bern is giving almost as much. Plus whether it is unfair to bring it up as this was back when Bern was supposed to just be a cameo, but Ryu confirmed that her saying "Beatrice is not a women who limits herself to being just one person" or whatever WAS a Shkannontrice hint.

Quote:
"Ignoring the heart" doesn't just mean ignoring the motive, but it also covers ignoring the stuff that doesn't directly pertain to the murders
I always thought that Bern's murder game was a fun little lesson on this. We have the "purple" statements, which are sort of mostly true, but to get the answer you have to actually read the white narration bits in between. Sound familiar anyone? (Sidebar, my only problem with that game was that I came to George culprit theory first NOT because I was smart enough to think he killed a child before coming to the island, but because even though Battler's was more complete there was an inconsistency in the narration and one of George's purple statements which meant he HAD to be lying)

Quote:
while one of the more unexciting ones
Not to spill my fanboy everywhere or anything, but having just reread the end of ep 2 last night, I thought it was pretty awesome. The timing especially on Rosa's final scene and the flashing of jaws to the "when the seagulls cry, no-one was left alive" was truly well handled. Also in retrospect apart from Rosa being present in the chapel and never addressing it, Beato basically calls her an accomplice when she meets her in the teaparty, saying "I will reward you for your services"
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote