Thread: Kurozuka
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-20, 05:53   Link #71
pparker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
PAKU Romi won the first annual seiyuu award for best actress, for Nana (rocker Nana). She grew up in Japan, but her parents are Korean. Here's a blog piece I did about her. She's 36. Her last role was as a ten-year-old boy.
Nice article, thanks. Kugimiya Rie was my favorite (still #2) until I bought the FMA movie on DVD and heard Paku Romi's commentary and watched the interviews. She is so funny and playful there, and obviously clever, I fell in love. That yuri bit with Kugimiya is classic and is alone worth the price of the DVD.

In Kurozuka, I was a bit confused with what seemed to be jumping timelines in ep 02, and the characters weren't as clearly differentiated (art-wise anyway, didn't know who "someone" was until the end), but it was late, have to watch again. Can't say I liked ep 02 as well as 01, just seemed again somewhat jumbled and the art maybe a bit less impressive. The first ep just blew me away. I understand where the story is going from reading summaries, so that will keep me watching. Just hope we don't see too little of Kuromitsu. She definitely makes the series for me so far.
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote