View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 12:10   Link #140
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Uh, Kiritsugu already dreamed about becoming a hero before his suffering and quest for the Grail began. He may have not replied to Shirley back when she asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, but the ending of this episode makes it clear that the answer was "I want to become a hero" all along. And that desire/ideal/dream/whatever-you-wanna-call-it came before he started staining his hands with blood, so no, it wasn't about wanting the bad stuff to stop, because he already dreamed about it before the bad stuff even began.
I know he already aspired to it before the suffering, but the suffering is essentially what made him so desperate for it and how he went to such lengths to seek everlasting peace. It's an aspiration that is common, but the extent to which he follows it are brought about because of his sufferings, which was my point. It's the desperation of it that I highlighted in my post that was important, otherwise, can you really say he would go so far without those catalysts?
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote