View Single Post
Old 2010-10-21, 15:19   Link #219
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuLuna13 View Post
For example, since I'm dirt poor, I have to go to the library to get some new manga material. And while I'm there, there is usually someone else there, reading manga on the floor, or I can't find the freakin volume I want, which reminds me that I'm not the only person who reads manga.
Since I often go for a quick peek into book shops or shops that specialize in manga I often run into people there, but they always seem to be scared of me D: Despite me always smiling to strangers.

I'm really thankful that two of my closest friends are anime fans as well so we occasionally watch something together or plan a whole night with self made sushi. We do talk often about it, too. Just the other day we bickered about the hottest guy in Bleach . Fangirling to the max.

An ex co-worker is a big fan, too. He has such a freaking big collection! His whole bedroom wall is full of books and mangas. His living room is invaded by a shitload of DVDs and games. He even has a little cabinet for his figurines, of course with light! Oh and he has a Katana on display, too!
He also introduced me to his friends who are gamers and/or anime lovers as well, so I'm pretty lucky since I know quite a few people in my proximity who share my hobby.

But I was always the lone girl in my class who loved games and later anime back at school

But even so I know many people who love anime as much as I do (or even way more) the shows we like differ a lot. Or they're just not as invested in that particular series as much as I am. That's when the internet and boards like animesuki come in handy

So I do watch most of my anime alone and discuss most of them online only, but I gotta say that anime doesn't have to be a lonely hobby. If you're lucky that is.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote