View Single Post
Old 2009-06-12, 02:23   Link #89
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What?

Justinstrife did not call Welkin a harem lead, full stop. He/she can compare Welkin to whoever or whatever, and that doesn't mean that Welkin is that. Anyway, justinstrife didn't even compare the two, so what the hell are you on about?
When you make a comparison with something you make an implication of the connection even if it was not your intention.

Lets say, for example (just an example) this sentence - I am tired of plain speech pattern that idiotic people use, but Shiroth's speech pattern is better.

Though I am not comparing you to an idiot (and actually saying you are different) you definitely can sense a hint linking you to that since I could have compared you to anyone but choose 'idiotic people'. It is not a direct statement, yet a hidden implication because of the comparison.

It never states directly who you are but the hint is still there because of the comparison. You have to be careful about who you compare with whom because of these implication's. I even had few of points distracted because my professor of the logistics cathedral thought that the comparison implications in my work about French Postmodern philosophy were incorrect even if I was not stating anything directly.

So yeah, you have to be careful when you make comparisons, as to with whom you make them, because those hints can be misunderstood very easily.

if regarding the discussion above - I am with justinstrife in this one. In the Game welkin even off-duty was not as badly airhead as he is in anime. Though, differently from Alicia, I cannot see the point of changing his character.

After all, Tsunderes sell well these days, but airheads...

Well maybe they thought that much more airhead Welkin would suit Alicia's new tsundere personality better?

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-06-12 at 02:39.