View Single Post
Old 2011-02-04, 13:19   Link #63
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That's the whole draw of Tekken Chinmi though.

Dynamic fight scenes, and nothing else. Despite being very drawn-out, the flow behind Chinmi is evident, and the author makes the effort to piece every part of the action while making each page tightly structured.
Now that I think about it, Chinmi was also a good example of a series that's still enjoyable despite the slow update (I don't know what's the case in Japan, but in my place it took at least a year and a half before a new volume were published). It's clear that the mangaka knew how he want the action scenes be; the succession of moves were detailed and sometimes we're also treated with the protagonists internal thought on their battle analysis.

Quote:
The opposite of Force, where it's quite evident the artist isn't very good at framing and bringing the flow of fight scenes into the small frames and storyboards in the manga. It feels like the artist knows how to storyboard for anime or simple 'plot' manga, but not so much for action manga. ( Shina Dark had this draggy feeling too with that bull-fight. )
Indeed, it's quite difficult to figure out how the fights went. Especially evident during the "Boarding Huckebein's Ship" scene; all we see were short bits Erio shooting his cannon, Subaru stopping a blade with her hand, Fate locked in melee...and then, Zero Eclipse! ...That's it?

---

Regarding Heimdall, I think Hayate should've used the force her magic to gather nearby rocks and other solid object before reaching the ocean and fling them on the enemy ship; she won't have to worry about the Hucks AMF-ing the projectiles, while using Heimdall she must also maintain her magically generated iceberg.