Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 17:02   Link #1050
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

It's all just stupid fanservice to them and to the drooling otaku neckbeards they're fleecing, but what about the actual lesbians who watch the show? Like me!
They're not as large or consistent as a paying audience.

I've noticed the fansub-watching culture often complains about anime not matching their personal tastes, without considering it was designed to. Since they're not used to watching anime via paying for it, they're divorced from the economic nature of the anime production system.

Regarding the ambiguous nature of the yuri relationships in the show, I prefer it that way because it's like a a closed Schrodinger's cat box. Multiple interpretations can be true, so everyone's happy. Even in the same person, they can enjoy multiple pairings with the same character and have none be negated by an "official" pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
BTW, did anyone else feel insulted at the ending scene with the Shinden Striker and Reppumaru lying washed ashore? A very depressing way to end the series. Yet the blu-ray version may hint at something.
I thought it was perfectly poignant.

Regarding the movie, if they only had one non-anime character introduced, I think Helma would be a good choice. Since she's not attached to a larger group so much, like the 502nd and 504th characters are.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote