View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 18:42   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Army guys should have taken some of the boss' HP before Kirito got there. And Asuna landed a Sword Skill on it.
Yeah, fair enough. They do show one shot of the boss's HP, and it looks like the Army took down the first HP bar. If we assume that they got it down to half-HP by the time Kirito took over, that's probably a good bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I also imagine that trying to help Kirito while he was soloing wouldn't have been a very good idea. His Star Burst Stream Sword Skill seemed to have a very wide range, so I imagine there was a pretty big chance of getting hit by his skill(s) (and that's where Switch comes in, I guess). Asuna, Klein, and co. could've flanked the boss, but that might've not only might have distracted Kirito (who seemed to be in a sort of zone/trance), but it also could've transferred the aggro from him to them.. and that wouldn't have worked out too well..
That's also a fair thought. In this game, team work mostly seems to involve timing and switching out, and Kirito wasn't really leaving any openings for a switch, so it could be that they couldn't really do much even if they wanted. But by the same token, I also got the impression that they were mostly shocked.