View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 17:46   Link #6330
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
So I was talking to my friends about cars just a couple hours ago, and I came to the realization that despite sports cars generally being smaller and having less overall 'material' put into them, they still manage to look cooler than generic sedans you see constantly on the streets but are nevertheless incredibly expensive.

Why do car companies continually produce sedans without any distinguishing features or anything "sexy" to them? Why is it that coolness is limited to a vehicle with only two seats? I would think that if generic sedans were suddenly produce that had similar awesome designs to their sports car counterparts a lot more would be bought.

I realize that much of this may be opinionated (who knows, maybe there are some who find general sedans to be extremely cool), but I honestly cannot see anyone successfully arguing that they are anywhere near as cool as a sports car.
Why are sedans beige you ask? Because people keep buying them sadly. However not everything is grim and there are some pretty fine looking "normal" cars in the market. The Dodge Dart comes to mind for instance or, in Europe, anything by Alfa Romeo. I also think that the euro hatchbacks are overall a lot less boring than the American and Asian sedans. The Renault Megane, Alfa Gilletta and Honda Civic come to mind as rather daringly designed cars here in the old continent.