View Single Post
Old 2006-08-03, 16:33   Link #1
ShikaShika
無罪

Fairy Tail Manga Discussion Thread

Before you say anything, I did NOT mess up that title.

Did anyone read this yet? Well, I suppose few have, since the first chapter is due out in Japan in next week's (or was it this week's?) Shounen Magazine. The mangaka is Mashima Hiro. Anyway, I read through it, and I must say I liked it. I didn't stop to translate every word I didn't understand but I think I understood most of the plot.

Anyway, it's your typical shounen manga. The setting is some kind of medieval fantasy world, though not without some modern luxuries. Naruto has ninjas, One Piece has pirates, Bleach has shinigamis, so what does Fairy Tail have? Sorcerers. The plot seems to revolve around sorcerers, and the guilds they make up. Fairy Tail is one such guild.

The main characters introduced in the first chapter are Natsu, who seems to have an affinity for travel sickness, his companion Happy, the cat and the girl Lucy, who really really wants to join Fairy Tail. Here's a quick, probably partly inacurate, synopsis of the first chapter:
Spoiler:

I liked the setting, the characters, the humor and the art, and I really loved the title, I wonder if it was intentional...

Sample the art, why don't you:

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2006-08-03 at 16:53.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote