View Single Post
Old 2006-11-26, 19:57   Link #84
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
I guess the problem for me is that I didn't expect any magic out of this series (or I didn't think much of it since I was so immersed in the daily life of Yuuichi and the moe XD). After this arc, I'll be on the lookout for the clues. =D
Actually, that's a big criticism I had of the first series when I first saw it all those years ago. The supernatural themes sort of just pop up out of nowhere. I found it particularly jarring in the
Spoiler:
However, once you get past this, Kanon actually tells some really fantastic stories (let's face it, they're fairly disconnected from each other). I actually think Kanon's strength isn't so much the stories themselves, but the way it tells them. This was something that I thought came out well even in the Toei version. It's been amplified by an immeasurable amount in the KyoAni version.

It so helps to tell a story like this when you have absolute topnotch production values. People may say otherwise, but when you take care with every little detail as KyoAni does in everything it does, it makes such a massive difference to the way the story impacts the audience.