Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-17, 01:26   Link #4399
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Why shouldn't they complain about a cross in the classroom where their kids go to school? They have a right not to have another religion shoved in their kid's face. It's a two way street. If you think muslims should keep their religion to themselves, shouldn't muslims expect others to in turn keep their religion to themselves as well? Of course that's me speaking as an athiest American. In the US, religion is supposed to be kept out of the classroom in public schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm European too, and have been confronted with plenty of muslims. My experience is, again, that it depends on the muslim. Some are pretty secular. And don't make the news, unlike the examples you cite. I wonder if there's a link?

Sure, you'll find the occasional nutjob. But, again, that's true of any religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Just a side comment, about the schools, why not forbidding any religious signs in places like that? Nowadays in europe, we live in countries in which not everyone has the same religion, so not showing any things that is related to a religion in particular would at least limit the problems in public places like schools, don't you think?
If we do that, they should do the same, but they don't, and I'm only referring to elementary schools. Schools teaching secondary level education and a bove don't normally have any religious signs. Yet they complain about us when they have more than just a few signs in their own country and prevent us from public practice. We're already too tolerant as it is. Doesn't that make them hypocritical in a sense?