View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 14:48   Link #119
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Mihawk's attitude seems quite interesting. He seems to be trying to challenge Fate itself... more than actually challenging Luffy. He's basically saying: Will the Fates save him or will he fall to my blade - let's try and see.

Y'know, Mihawk talking about fate is reminding me a lot of the stuff that Blackbeard's crew said about fate and destiny (Van Auger's line about there being no such thing as coincidence particularly springs to mind). But yeah, it's most likely that Luffy will be rescued again, it seems. I think I'll actually stick with the idea of Buggy being the one to (unwittingly) save Luffy, especialy seeing as he told his followers that he didn't want Luffy showing him up at Marineford (and he said he planned to make the world recognize his greatness anyway, so).....

But damn, that part about Kuma really is something else now that I read the full scene. For reasons unknown, he volunteered to become a tool of the government. A soulless monster of a weapon that only exists to tickle the government's fancy for all eternity. Surely, a grim fate that could be considered even worse than death. It definitely must be hard for Iva to have to fight against an old friend who lost every last shred of his humanity......

By the way, Hancock's response to Smoker's warning about her actions against the marines makes me even more certain that Amazon Lily will end up suffering the consequences in due time. I highly doubt that the higher-ups of the government will be as forgiving of her actions as her subjects of the Kuja tribe......