View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 01:43   Link #1061
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
To be fair, Tenshi's "assault" on the Guild didn't appear to be provoked. I'm sure there are alot of grey areas yet to be pointed out.
I dunno, i would say that burrowing a huge, death ridden cave under her school with a weapons factory on the far end (weapons she constantly gets shot with) falls under the "provocation" category

Overall it is hard to say for now, but i am still inclined to believe that SSS are in the wrong here (I am going with the assumption this indeed is "purgatory" of sorts and they are indeed dead, not some matrix-like world, for the sake of argument) and ultimately barking up the wrong tree so to speak. While it isn't hard to see why Yuri would be insurmountably upset at how her childhood went, and lashing out over it at the perceived figure of authority would be very human-like, it doesn't put her in the right to do so, nor is it necessarily productive, especially given the fact that SSS have no solid information about what this world is - they just decided they don't like what they see (with no idea what they are actually seeing) and went in guns blazing. While fearing the unknown is a very human-like reaction as well, it doesn't put them in the right. So yeah ...until the show throws me something to make me think otherwise, i believe SSS to be in the wrong here.