View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 15:10   Link #360
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
How is it not sudden? There was about 4 1/2 minutes between when Kirito first talked to Asuna and partied with her and when they were talking over bread. And about 3 of those 4 1/2 minutes were people talking at the meeting like Egil.
They met at the meeting, partied up because they're the only two left without a group, after which they had a little talk over bread in the eve before the first time anyone has tried to take on the boss, I certainly don't see where the "sudden" part comes from.

Quote:
Their talk about why Asuna fights isn't deep? Even in the anime version it is, but it loses that depth because we don't see any basis for it.
Eh, maybe that's what you consider to be deep, for me those kind of talks are dimes a dozen.

Quote:
Of course you helped to point out another flaw in the episode; Asuna's talk really doesn't seem that deep in the anime because, as I pointed out, there's no basis for viewers to see where she's coming from. They just see a girl in a cloak. In the novels, we see how near-self-destructive she acts, and that shores up her character and then we can see what the heck she's talking about later.
Great, and in the grand scheme of SAO, not all that important, especially if you have to dedicate the SECOND episode to it. Kirito is the main character, not Asuna.

Quote:
So now you're reading my mind and telling me where my thoughts are coming from? A little presumptuous don't you think? With all due respect, you don't really have the right to be deciding for me where my opinions are coming from.
You can have whatever opinion you want, but that certainly doesn't preclude me from having an opinion on your opinion.

Quote:
I explained exactly how my thoughts are based in anime-only origination. Why is Asuna opening up to a guy she has barely interracted with? Even from anime-only, you can tell she's a quiet loner so where's the openness suddenly coming from? Why is she talking about not wanting to lose to the game? From the 1 1/2 - 2 minutes of interaction they had while forming their party? Rushed and contrived.
Why is everyone so trusting of Diabel? Why does Egil stand up for the beta testers? Why is Kibaou such an ass? You can play that game all day long if you want. And I don't see how what Asuna said was hard to understand, if anything it's more of a cookie cutter response used by 2378492037482930 other characters when they're put into an impossible/dire situation = "I don't want to lose to xxxx!"
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote