View Single Post
Old 2006-01-06, 10:10   Link #34
animedow

Send a message via ICQ to animedow Send a message via MSN to animedow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemes1s
srry to pop a question out of nowhere... but for those who reached here... how da hell luffy pumped himself up? Does rubber fruit give him this type of ability? i read chinese sub and its so called "case change" and there are more than one level... hopefully it doesnt turn into another dbzed thingy... (nothing against dbz - i like it a lot) but it juz kinda change the one piece world...
and smoke or vapor emitting from rubber just aint right... imagine burnt rubber... that would smell awful...

I believe Luffy himself called the change in his body a 'Gear'. Just like shifting gears in a car, he has found a way to shift his entire body into a higher gear (he fought Blueno in 'Gear Second', and was about to go to Third, but then Blueno cracked).
How he developed this technique is unclear and might get explained later on, when he uses it in front of his nakama and they ask him about it. It might have something to do with the Rubber ability, like changing the consistency of the rubber to make it stronger or whatever. Or it could be something completely different.