View Single Post
Old 2006-09-18, 05:57   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Can anyone point me to a good rss program and irc program.
I use Opera for my RSS aggregator. Opera is already listed in the index as an internet browser and I'm extremely happy with Opera's RSS reader. It's free and has all the sorting ability I need. Also the fact that is fully integrated with my browser is a very nice bonus.

As an IRC client I use mIRC... I'll say it is better than Opera's IRC client, but not exceptional. mIRC is shareware; you get a free trial for 30 days before registering it for $20 so you might as well give it a try. If you don't think it is worth purchasing, then you can always use Opera for free.

Now, I've got a question: Can anyone recommend good Firewall and Anti-Virus programs for me? While I would prefer free or cheap programs, what I'm really interested in are programs that have minimal system overhead. Are there such programs that will do the job well, without slowing my system or eating up resources? It would be worth paying for such programs if they worked well. Unfortunately the market leaders have turned into bloatware and other programs seem to have other problems.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-09-18 at 06:11.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote