View Single Post
Old 2013-02-23, 14:43   Link #51
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
[snip]
When you are a "mortal" and the fate of your entire species is on the line in a war against the "gods", morality would be the least of your considerations.
That's precisely what the queerats believe, and I greatly disagree with it. Before the war, the queerats lives were not necessarily at stake, but their treatment was certainly unjust. So they have every right--"right" meaning the moral backing--to a rebel against the humans to gain their freedom. That may mean the death of some innocents, which is typical of wars, even "good" ones. But they came to the extreme conclusion that the only way to achieve that is to wipe out the entire human race (which I find debatable). I can't condom such an act, even it's from an oppressed group.

Perhaps that's one of the underlying themes of this bleak story: If you have to do such monstrous acts and throw all morality out of the window in order to survive, is it really worth it? Just look at how humans treat children who show even the slightest signs of threatening them.