Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-03, 04:07   Link #21556
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I am rather curious about him too, but I think it rly is way to early to speculate about that guy presumably pulling the strings in the background. I doubt he is all powerfull, otherwise he could have toppled the reign of the big three ages ago. I think there is a small chance we get an evil surprise and it's Dad - maybe somebody messed with Issa somehow or he played em all, I dunno. I rly would like to spare Moka such an experience but I find it suspcious that his whereabouts are still such a mystery. Even if the masked guy's identity is not as bad a surprise I wouldnt be surprised if much of what transpires nowadays sprang of that unhealthy triangle between Akasha Gyokoru and Issa and this one somehow was likewise involved in all that. Maybe he's the guy Gyokuro turned to once Issa turned to Akasha, and maybe she made a bad choice that hence has rubbed of on her ...

I am forgetting the old Fuhai though - there might be something to the fact he dislikes him with such relish ...
I'd be shocked if that was Issa behind the mask, and I know Moka would be as well. Though somehow, I find it a bit unlikely. The theory that Gyokuro turned to him because she was losing Issa to the "other woman" sounds a lot more plausible. Though destroying her own ancestral home? Sounds a bit iffy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I wonder if this "Masked King" is responsible for sending Akua to the Shuzen house, she was living with the Miao family before being sent to the Shuzen family, in fact its even possible that this person corrupted Akua with all that bullcrap about destroying the world and being Alucard's legacy and such, i originally believe Gyokuro could have possibly done something like that, but if something like this were to turn out to be the case, it would make more sense for the Masked King to have set Akua up like that.
That sounds very plausible. And if that's the case, I'm betting it was Sai-Lung's father who put a bounty on her head after she fled China, yet another reason he was dismembered by the masked megalomaniac. And I'm certain he's the one who taught Akuha the Jigentou as a surefire means of killing Akasha. Could that be why he hates Fuhai, because he "stole" his technique?

I'm thinking the Masked King sought out Alucard's daughter in order to produce a powerful heir, but Issa got to her first, and Akuha was the result. Then again, it's possible he's the one who led Issa to her, wouldn't that be ironic.

However, I want Gyokuro and her followers to be cast down, not redeemed. Blaming everything on the Masked King seems a bit cliche. They're not puppets, they have their own thoughts, desires, and agendas. At least that's how I'm hoping it'll be. Can't wait for the next installment at the end of the month, maybe he's releasing them every four weeks so there'll be thirteen issues a year rather than twelve. Could be. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote