View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 17:51   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...It would be ideal if that happens, but from personal experience and looking around (even in animesuki), no way it will end peacefully... And the more readers the manga has, the less chance it has...
If you compare HnG with other shows of the same type, I'd say that the fanbase is still fairly civil. At least, it's nothing remotely like e.g. the wars in the School Rumble threads. I believe that if it's handled properly, and a final pairing is properly developed, it could be just fine. (I'm thinking along the lines of e.g. the Love Hina ending, where everyone took part in bringing the final couple together). We'll see.

Quote:
What is officially done. To put it a lot more simply, the clear favoring of Hinagiku in everything (officially). You know, it's kind of like how something is "so popular", haters appear. 110% sure that some people have ended up hating Hinagiku because of this... So we have these people that are already hating Hinagiku for the way she is treated (in real life). It wouldn't be pretty if Hinagiku wins... It already wouldn't be pretty if the fans of other characters got angry over their character's loss, but if you add in hatred for the winning character herself...
Is it so really so bad? I dunno. First of all, there is no clear favoring of Hinagiku by "officials", unless you call Hata an "official". In S2, the absolutely _only_ form of favoritism, if you want to call it that, is the ED. The rest is 100% original story coverage, and if I may add so, the kind of stuff Hinagiku fans like me were cheated of in S1.

Quote:
I personally don't know much about it, but that Hina birthday thing... is one example.
For what? Favoritism? If so, only of the mangaka. It was interesting to note that after the first popularity poll, which Hina won with huge margin (almost as many votes for her as for places 2-4 combined), Hata noted that he never expected such an outcome. It was conducted right after the Hina birthday arc, so it might have skewed things for her a bit. But the most recent popularity poll even widened Hina's margin of victory...

I'd say one of the reason why Hina is getting a bit more storyline usage than e.g. Ayumu (though not as much as you seem to imply) is that she's arguably the most flexibly usable character in the show. She can be used for action and comedy and character development alike. Ayumu is very straightforward and barely ever wavers - which makes her a pleasing and very likable character, but at the same time also limits her scope a bit, at least in her dealings with Hayate. Which is why her relationship with Hina is much more interesting (IMHO)

Quote:
Another very obvious one is this season's ED. To the ever-so-loyal Hinagiku followers, it might not be anything other than a treat, but to the fans of other characters, it probably irritates them. Heck, I like Hinagiku myself, and the first time I saw that ED, I was completely horrified... Looking at it causes pure irritation even now...
Okay, I guess I can understand this part *lol*... but that's what I'm adding chapter marks for ^_^