View Single Post
Old 2009-08-19, 06:13   Link #2044
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

So would that make them foils for each other (they reflect and highlight the others' characteristics)? I'm not sure but the duality is certainly a nice touch.

It seems like it's going to play out just like the clocktower scene from Hina's brithday. They're on a balcony, holding hands, under the moon light, with a gorgeous view...seems so similar. The fact that nothing ruined it yet and that it didn't seem too lighthearted makes me think that Hayate and Hina will probably have a deep talk next chapter. Last time Hina asked Hayate about her parents and Hayate helped her to accept what happened and move on, I think now it's Hina's turn to help him with his past with Athena.

I can't help but notice that Hina's relationship with Hayate is always played muhc more romantically than anyone else. And I mean real romance not chidl-like crushes that most of the others seem to have. In some ways Ayumu is just a little girl, you can see it every time she's with Nagi (who is most likely more mature than her, scary). We already know that Hayate is attracted to mature and extraordinary girls (it never explicitly stated the last part but seriously, Athena, Maria and Hinagiku? I'd say it's definitely canon) which means that Ayumu, Nagi and just about anyone else has no chance with him. I think the Hina/Hayate end is most likely so far, when someone else (besides Athena) has a scene like the clocktower or possibly the one in the next chapter, then we'll talk.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote