View Single Post
Old 2010-05-04, 22:28   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Watched it over the weekend and I thought it was great...No retarded new side-character for Naruto to annoy all movie was a huge plus...Shikamaru, lots of screentime, another big plus...A big time, fast-paced rematch between Gaara and Naruto was great...Hell Naruto actually did a whole lot of cool fighting that wasn't just stagnant rasengan building (Note to TV series)...Additionally the main villain actually had a point and a backstory that didn't seem like pure crap...Kakashi had an unconscious Monkeygold Sharingan detonation spell inside of him ...Awesome!

Most importantly, no Sasuke, and no incessant crying over Sasuke (Obito got owned by a rock, but I can deal with him)...Final battle and Shiruken of light needle death was cool as F*ck...So basically this might have been the best naruto movie eventhough it didn't have the overall best animation or many elaborate battle scenes like we've seen in the other movies...Everything was close knit, tight, and had a singular focus...

LESS IS MORE...

8.36 outta 10...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
This movie was pretty bad. I actually skipped the Naruto/Gaara fight because I was getting really bored with the one-dimensional plotline. I didn't like Naruto here because of his usual lack of faith in other people's decisions, but I guess I couldn't really root for the people trying to stop him, as Kakashi's plan was absolutely retarded.

But is it really so hard to write a plot that isn't crap? Or dialogue that it's wrenchingly bad?
It's funny how your complaints are what actually made the movie good for me...Usually they pull so much $hit outta their bums that contradict the manga//anime, it's nice to have a story that's NOT convoluted and with a single purpose...A story that had the plot mechanism of time-constraints (Kakashi's detonation), which forced the story to keep moving and have a sense of urgency (Instead of say Naruto tree jumping in the forest for ten minutes trying to help some annoying side-character)...But I guess one man's fresh biscuits is another man's dawg making a fresh biscuit....That's to say I disagree witcha...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-05-04 at 22:49.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote