View Single Post
Old 2006-10-04, 00:59   Link #147
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
*shock* isnt it against the rulz to campaingn for votes?
I don't recall making that rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Uh oh...Kairin isn't happy you didn't root for her banner too.

Her she comes now! Run, NSW! Ruuuun!

かいりん:どうして あたしの バナーも 応援くれない の?
ノサンニンワ-さんが ひどい です。
もうにどと しんじません。

Kairin Why can't you also cheer my banner on too? You're so mean Nosanninwa-san. I'll never trust you again.

Wait Kairin-chan! NSW didn't mean to imply anything!

かいりん:嘘つき!
Kairin Liar!

*Kairin runs out of the room*
Gah. Umm... I'm sorry Kairin. I just thought that since Helly's banner is so good you'll definitely be there. I also expect that Kiva128's banner will represent you also... though I am a tiny bit worried that Kiva128's banner might fall out of the top 12. Please forgive me Kairin-chan!

Quote:
EDIT: And don't worry about this too much NSW. She'll calm down in a few hours and most likely forgive all.
I really hope so, but I still felt that I should apologize to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Well I've come to conclusion after watching so many anime banner contests over the years that the banners that seem to do the best are your generic "big-eyed, cute-faced, smile at the viewer" type banners. I got nothing against them it's just that appears to be the major winners in almost every contest. Was hoping that maybe this time the trend would be broken...alas I was wrong yet again .
I disagree. I feel that the reason you didn't score higher is that all three of your banners were VERY similar. Anyone who voted for any one of your banners had to make up his mind between the three. And none of them were different enough to justify voting for more than one of them. You'd probably have gotten 8 votes if there had been only a single banner to choose.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.