View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 15:28   Link #1006
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Random cracked up character moment.

I was goofing around (Which is normal for me...) when I thought of a Lina inverse character.

NAAAAAAH...

But what about a character obsessed WITH Lina Inverse???

Said little girl was introduced to the Slayers franchise through imports that have been coming to Mid-childa. She becomes so attatched to the Lina Inverse character that she starts training herself to Emulate her magic.

The scary part is that she does succede (somewhat) and can hurl moderately nasty fireballs on a whim... but somehow manages never to get into trouble. (Well, she DOES get into trouble... with street scum... but mostly she gets out of trouble by blowing it up. Much to the consternation of investigative forces who find the thugs torched some time later.)

This girl has a dream, to meet Megumi Hayashibara herself, and would nearly KILL for a way to go to Earth. (Exnay on trips to Earth for offworderays...)
Through her obsession fueled investigating, she discovers Nanoha and company come FROM Earth, and often have vacations there. So she starts trying to Shadow them... (Not easy...) ...trying to get on their good side so she can go to Earth. (Yeeeeah... not gonna' happen.)

Essentially, the girl makes herself a pest, even showing up in live combat and hurling fireballs at people before getting chewed out at range and running away.

But the girl seems to have no semblence of reality. Her obsession even fuels the power of her magic. The more she believes what she can do... the better her chances at pulling it off. Making her fireballs more powerful the more determined (obsessed) she becomes. (She ain't pulling off no Draguslaves, Laguna Blades, or Giga Slaves though... Or if she does, it'll be more in NAME than actual power.)

The girl has all the combat sense of an Acme Brick truck... Making her more dangerous to everyone BUT the enemy she may have challenged. (Of course... comic luck will have the guy get roasted by a fireball anyway.)

I could see a scene like.

VITA: YOU IDIOT! You got in the way and he got away!

LIF: I had him! He was mine!

VITA: You're not even Administration Staff! You can't be here!

LIF: I was trying to help you! Show some appreciation!

VITA: I'm not going to show any appreciation to some cut rate mage with no training who thinks she can just do whatever she wants! I should arrest you right here!

LIF: *Blinks back tears* What did you call ME?!

VITA: YOU HEARD ME!

"-FIREBAAAAALLL!!!-"
"BOOM!!!"

*The L.I.F. runs away sobbing... Vita's been blown through a wall and looks slightly charred and knocked senseless... Everyone else arrives a minute later to think the villain of the day did that to Vita.**

Be good for a sidestory or as some comic relief somewhere.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote