View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 20:41   Link #1013
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
To be honest, I'm not sure how much the loss of the Infinite Library would affect the TSAB, who seem to check out information from there only as a last resort.

I've got a few more thoughts on this, after the post-replies.
My theories say if you destroy whatever's holding the infinite dimensions within the Library stable, the spatial unfolding will rip the entire superstructure and everything around it apart as it expands at the speed of light. Considering that the TSAB Main HQ is built next to or even around the Library, wouldn't making a bomb out of this old monument totally worth it? It even fits Skane's speech about merciful decapitation!

However, the problem is the TSAB Main HQ, and the Library, is under heavy lock, key and sentry, blowing it up is gonna take lots of effort. If it wasn't so evil, I'd say the heist would be almost as fun as the Italian Job.

Quote:
Something which had been percolating in my mind for a while is the question of why the Infinite Library seems so under-utilized in canon. Now, the first possible objection would be that it isn't under-utilized, but the anime focuses on personal interactions and flashy battles, so we don't see the background scenes where everyone consults the Library. Entirely possible, and probably even likely.

Other than that, one reason might be that the TSAB doesn't realize how useful a resource it has. Which would turn into a TSAB bashing fest again, so we'll treat it as a done discussion.

The other possible reason I am looking into is that the TSAB knows how amazing the Library is, but they are consciously not making use of it at every turn, entirely because they do not want to be too dependent on the information from it. If a society has been conditioned that a certain resource is the fount of all knowledge, then it is plausible that in that society, innovation is dead. After all, why come up with something new, when there's an existing design for an analogue that probably works just as well?

Note that this is not a certainty, but merely a possibility. The belief in that possibility, coupled with some persuasive arguments, could have resulted in the TSAB overcompensating the other way. It's a slippery slope argument, but the potential risks may have been enough.
Interesting thoughts indeed. Noted, seeing what the Khrack says.

Quote:
I don't care if people don't like me, as long as my OCs and stories get critiqued and discussed independently of personal feelings.
It used to be easier to stay away from hair-trigger, but recently, I've been blowing my top over the kind of silliness we're getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
@Kha: Remember that the higher ground makes you a better target. And don't be so quick to dismiss me, brother. I am you. You are I. We are the same. I am the soldier. You are the prisoner. Who is the soldier? Who is the prisoner? You are I. The prisoner Am I. The soldier are you. We are one. Who is the Soldier? Who is the Prisoner? Who is Kha? Who is Goose? nn jmhbvcbxnk,kc vrx m,xgSDGFtn dBhSHBnjmmjgxzst
*watches Goose's circuits fry*

I tried to warn him.