View Single Post
Old 2013-10-12, 06:24   Link #5493
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"In recent news, Academy city was attacked and is now in talks of a war with the roman catholic church. Sources say that the roman catholic church is also creating its own esper program-"

"I can't believe this. Only academy city has the technology to make espers right? Even then it produces tons of level 0's like us."
"Yeah, I can't imagine there being others who can make espers as well. What do you think Ruiko?"

Blue eyes firmly planted themselves on the small celphone TV. She watched with a dazed sense of self-consciousness as she lied, "such a thing can't be possible."

But it was more than possible. It was real. Saten Ruiko was knee deep in this reality. A week after her episode, she was confronted with the fact that the rules that made up her world were not the only ones. Outside of this systematic way of life existed an even larger cycle. One that she was recently made aware of.

A different system.

A different set of rules.

A different way of doing things.

Magic... demonic arts... Devils...

"Eeh... You don't seem very excited. Isn't this your kind of thing Rui-chan?"

"What are you talking about? I'm only interested in urban legends. This isn't one of them."

She was laughing it off. But the truth was she was shaking inside. The word 'Devil' continued to resound in her mind. Normally, having such power would make her want to boast about it. But she couldn't. Elated as she was wth her power, one look at them reminded her of that bloodied scene that permeated even into her nightmared dreams. She didn't hate demons, especially not her demons. They were quite endearing once you got to know them. Waira was an old man that reminded just a bit of a grandpa, Kikimora was the opposite acting as a grandmother that doted on her often. Ofcourse there was also little Kijimuna who was just a sweet little fella. That's why she couldn't hate them. The past week had been spent getting to know each other better on Ruiko's suggestion. But Kikimora had said this:

"I don't mind honey. But you shouldn't get too attached. You will need to get stronger at some point."

Saten didn't understand that at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It seems that they're making their move."

"You've ignored them for too long. Now that war's about to break out they see a chance."

"Their project is interesting."

"Is that why you called me here then? So that I don't interfere?"

"Oh no. Not at all. I actually want you to intervene. After all, the science side already has a representative in this race."

"... You can't mean- that girl?!"

"She's just a civilian Aleister!"

"Regardless, she has come in contact with one of them. This conflict will draw her in whether she wants to or not."

BEEP BEEP

"Ah. It seems one of them is going on a rampage now."

"I'll go deal with it. Even if the means are different. Magic is still magic. So a magician has to deal with this."

"Machine for machine, magic for magic. A devil for a devil, a summoner for a summoner."

"You don't mean to use that girl?"

"Did you not hear me say it? That girl's fate has already been drawn into this conflict. Wether she wills it or not, the battles will find her."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote