View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 00:35   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Whew... good thing I did some research before buying the game. The Archmage isn't as advertised...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Description
Weaving only powerful healing or destructive spells will leave the Archmage tired and unable to assist his allies in their darkest hour. However by carefully applying force in critical places the Archmage can reserve a wellspring of magical energy that allows him to aid his allies when a normal mage would be all but spent.
Which so wrong on different levels, since most players just play them as a healbot since they don't have enough AP to heal AND damage at the same time, as the high magic mechanic only reduces cast time or increase effectiveness of instants. Maybe when they fix their mechanic, I'll take a look into it again, since I loved playing 3.x DnD Mystic Theurge and nothing in MMO's offer anything close to a viablecaster nuker/healer hybrid.

Probably the closest one I've seen is the WoW Shockadin, which I had plenty of fun doing while I played WoW. Maybe I'll revisit it when the expansion comes out...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote