Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 05:26   Link #2102
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
However the spotlight episode style of development seems to have been more thought out than I gave it credit for. While the standalone focus makes it hard to create any cast interactions and dynamics elsewhere, the way the story's progressed has made its characterization method the only one that can really work anymore. The set-up for Miki's episode, for example, or episodes 18 and 19.

But eh, I've now resigned myself to the fact that iDOLM@STER likes to go between being just enjoyable to something awesome.
Thinking about that approach. I cannot imagine using a different style. Having all the characters "issues" come along at once -- and expecting those issues to interact with one another -- that's like trying to stuff tangled yarn into a series, and expect it to look good. This episodic approach is far more organized and allows viewers to focus on each of them more so.

Yet, the episodic approach does not interfere with the "chronological" development of the whole thing -- by putting in a common "problem" from the idols and the agency. And that problem is, of course: the agency's marketing and development to allow greater opportunities for the girls as their idol popularity grows.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote