View Single Post
Old 2012-01-29, 07:35   Link #3010
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’m mainly talking about ORB in Destiny here. Since most of ORB is destroyed during the second half of SEED, the advancement that I’m talking about would be the rebuilding of the country from the ashes after SEED.
Most of Orb was not destroyed in SEED. At most, the brunt of the damage was on one island where the mass driver was located.
Quote:
In this case, not only they succeed in re-building ORB, they also made some progress in technology (the existence of Murasames is one evidence). All of that are supposedly happen during Cagalli’s rule and those noble families. Yet, in the show, we are shown that she was so indecisive those representatives can just bypass her authority and make their own decision whenever they feel the need to.
Obviously Orb had a good enough infrastructure in place. And besides, Cagalli's indecisiveness is only related to Orb's involvement with the AF during Destiny, not over everything.
Quote:
One obvious example of that would be the ORB’s alliance with the EA. What kind of stable government is that?
The alliance with the EA has nothing to do with how stable Orb's government is.
Quote:
If that’s how things work since the rebuilding period of ORB, then Cagalli’s kidnapping wouldn’t make such a dent in ORB’s government would it?
It didn't.
Quote:
Yet, ORB is deteriorating so fast after Cagalli left (the military are often in clash with the government, ORB protecting the mother of all terrorrist, Yuna in charge, etc). It’s just not a very good scenario, really.
None of that is a sign of the deterioration of Orb. And the military is not in clash with the government.
Quote:
Okay, I’m not gonna go deeper into this matter since the anime plot only touched that far. Like I said before, the script is flawed when it deals with governmental issues and details.
The script may be flawed, but your analysis of Orb's government doesn't really provide a good example of that.

And it seems to me like you've misunderstood a few details.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote