View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 13:12   Link #1328
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
If they have motivation then these people are not unhappy. They are motivated to achieve more happiness. They have an aim.

The point about being happy and unhappy is the main theme in Haganai.
The neighbor's club members are doing the same things like in a therapy group.
A bunch of loners who have low social skills: Being happy and motivated is essential to change into persons who can live like "normals" within the society.

A social outcast who really wants to live a "normal" life with friends must be happy and very motivated to achieve this goal.
Once again with the shipping lenses... But you are forgetting some major things, you mistake optimism as social ability, which is simply incorrect. Answer me this, if Sena has such amazing social prowess as you claim then where are her friends outside the Club?

In the beginning of the story she has no female friends and treated the guys as servants due to her arrogance. Seven volumes later and she has no female friends (outside the club) and she still treats the guys as servants... due to her arrogance.

While her happy attitude may make it appear like she would be great at making friends, her haughty attitude still makes her just as pathetic at social issues as the rest of the club. (Admittedly her attitude is what makes her appealing to fans, as well as the usual fanservice bait, but I digress.)

And you're kind of missing the whole point of the series. The theme of the story is not that you have to be "happy" in order to be friends, its more like you don't exactly have to be "normal" in order to make friends. The Neighbor's club is filled with abnormal people, yet they are still friends despite not being a "normal". The author is saying you don't have to fit in with some perceived vision of normalcy to make friends.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote