Thread: Licensed Mashiro-iro Symphony
View Single Post
Old 2015-11-21, 11:58   Link #1297
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimrui View Post
Objectively, it's a nice anime, and if the chosen girl is to your liking then you'll love it even more. But for me, who liked Airi and Sana, and watching them crying and being in pain later on killed it for me. It's a nice anime overall, but made me rage towards the end so I hope I forget this anime as fast as I can. -_-'
Honestly, I think the feelings you're supposed to develop for Airi and Sana are the actual focal point of the whole anime. It's somewhat unique in that regard: it focuses on the feelings of the heroines who were not chosen, rather than only on the protagonist and the main heroine. So I actually don't think liking this show is really about liking the "chosen girl" (Sana and Airi are my favourite characters by far), but about appreciating the way it tells its story, even if it is somewhat heart-breaking. That's what I appreciate about this work. The scene of Airi comforting Sana with "Shingo" in the rain is one I'll never forget (nor the music that goes with it; it almost makes me cry just listening to that song on the OST).

(Of course, it's worth noting that the anime was roughly timed to coincide with the release of the PSP version of the game, and one of its main features was Sana's route. It was both cruel and brilliant marketing to release it that way. And Sana's route was awesome... loved it! It's too bad they won't port the game back to PC with the added routes.)