View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 15:58   Link #31455
Drifloon

Most people would believe that Rosa is an accomplice in EP2 rather than the culprit; Yasu presumably bribed her with the gold. This makes just as much sense of the scene with the butterfly landing on her back, in all honesty. Rosa culprit theory seems to be the 'red herring trap' in EP2 (Bernkastel mentions that there's a huge weak spot in EP2 and she wants to take advantage of it but doesn't like how obvious it is), like Eva culprit theory in EP3.

Ryukishi has confirmed in an interview that Shannon is the culprit for the murders in Natsuhi's room, at the very least (incidentally, this scenario is the only one in EP2 which seems to be completely impossible for Rosa; it plays a similar role to Nanjo's murder in EP3, suddenly casting doubt on the 'obvious culprit' at the very end of the episode by presenting a murder that's impossible for them).

The idea of the servants setting up the scenario with Nanjo and Kumasawa is pretty well accepted. I personally believe that Yasu manipulated them into suspecting Rosa and setting this up; then Yasu killed Nanjo and Kumasawa after they were out of sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
In regards to Yasu's character in general, I've been following this recently. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...UtKwtM754/edit
It's a liveblog/analysis / reread of EP 1 that heavily tries to focus on seeing things from Yasu's perspective, and while a bit unstructured, offers some really interesting insights on who she was as a person, as well as pointing out a lot of seemingly random bits in the narrative that take on a whole new meaning with hindsight.
Wow, this looks really interesting, though kinda overwhelmingly big. I'll definitely set aside some time to read through this.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote